With many self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs) busy finalising their accounts for 2017-18, now is an ideal time of year for trustees to review their fund’s portfolio and investment strategies in line with legal requirements and make the changes required to ensure their fund is compliant and on the right track for the coming year.
As a trustee, start by asking yourself the following:
1. Have you reviewed your fund’s investment strategy and do you have a documented policy and implementation plan in place?
2. Do you have appropriate insurance cover in place for all members of the fund?
3. Have you reviewed the adequacy of funding and the liquidity of the fund’s assets?
4. Do you have a corporate trustee structure in place?
5. Do you have fully considered and documented Enduring Power of Attorneys?
6. Have you implemented valid nomination of beneficiaries?
As you may be aware, our firm’s foundations are laid in the SMSF sector. Over the years, we have been committed to providing specialist SMSF advice as part of our delivery of Total Wealth Management advice solutions to our clients.
If you would like any assistance in reviewing your fund for the year to come, or would like to explore what SMSF strategies may be suited to your current circumstances and objectives, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on (07) 3391 5055 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This article contains general information only and is not intended to constitute financial product advice. Any information provided or conclusions made, whether express or implied, do not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of an investor. It should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice.